Friday, October 16, 2009

Celebrity encounters

Another memory entry! I never thought I would be interested in celebrity sitings...but its pretty fun. Shallow post...I know! But I saw the following celebrities during my 2 year stay in LA:

1) Robert Downey Jr. at the Rose cafe in Santa Monica.
2) Orlando Bloom at Runyon Canyon
3) Skipper from Sex and the City on Abbot Kinney
4) Joshua Jackson on Abbot Kinney
5) Jamie Lee Curtis at Euro Grocery Market
6) David Spade on Abbot Kinney
7) Dog the Bounty Hunter + Wife on Venice Boardwalk
8) Cheryl Hines on Santa Monica Promenade
9) Chris Klein at French Market Cafe in Venice
10) Owen Wilson on Abbot Kinney\

*Updated (Thanks Alicia)

11) Nathan from Heroes at a play he directed at the Geffen in which Justin's uncle and friend were doing the set design. I actually met Nathan (aka Adrian Pasdar) but he was kind of a douche.
12) Umm... if it counts, I went to a screening of Hot Fuzz at the Hammer Museum and Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and the director had a Q&A.
13) Also if it counts, one of our clients was Thom Beers (director of all things History/Discovery Channel) and I helped in turning the famous "Monster Garage" into editing bays.
14) Oh yes, I attended High School with Michael from Barney.

Man shallow posts are fun!!!!

I'm sure there are more so I will update this post as I remember them. Anyone else have celebrity sitings?

Oooh....I also saw Owen Wilson, Luke Wilson, and bumped into Woody Harelson (he is short) all on the same night at Martini Ranch in Dallas.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what are the odds of seeing Owen Wilson twice in a lifetime?

    You also met Adrian Pasdar (Nathan on Heroes) at a party right?
    And didn't you know 1 of the kids on Barney?

    I've seen Barbara Walters in Madrid. And spoke to Lou Diamond Phillips, Janine Turner and Robert Duvall at a Film festival in Dallas. Matt did a video for Barry Corbin and saw Keenu Reeves in LA. Thats all I got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I was close to seeing Steve Martin once. I say close b/c he was filming a movie near our hotel when we were in California and we could see all the cameras but they were filming inside a car. It's an exciting story, I know.

    But I also knew the kid on Barney! :D Michael, aka Brian.

    ReplyDelete