Saturday, October 10, 2009

Crocheted Canister



I had some wool yarn that I accidentally bought, MEANING I bought it without a project in mind. That is illegal from now on, because I am running out of yarn stash space. So since it was wool, I set out to try a felting project. Felting failed! I don't own my own washer/dryer so I tried the stove top boiling method and it didn't work for me. I think maybe a special felting wool is the trick, I bought wool of the standard variety.

I had made a Pink canister. I liked the way it turned out. Now to find a use for it! It's out of my stash, but now I need to find shelf space for it.

This is not a pattern by any means, but if you want to try and replicate it, here's how I went about it:

1) Crocheted a flat circle using single crochet
2) Crocheted a tube using single crochet
3) Single crocheted the 2 pieces together.
4) Blocked it using a cookie jar with the hard edge bottom on the outside

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty pictures! You sure are getting all technical and knit smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or should I have said crochet smart? See, I don't know what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete