Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spune Tot



So when I was in Romania this summer we kept seeing commercials that used the word or phrase "Spune Tot" to sell their product/service. So for the rest of the trip we kept referring to nouns as spune tots, especially pointy things or mounds. I think the reference came from our previous country of travel... Turkey. In Turkey, there is a region called Cappadocia where they have pointy mound caves. Those mounds were deemed spune tots. So, with that said, this is my spune tot hat. It was crocheted using a picot stitch. I found a pattern online and like with most patterns...I didn't understand it so I made the rest up. Turned out ok, right? Well, I walked into work very confident in my new spune tot hat and the secretary basically jumped out of her seat. I guess its a bit dorky. My dorkiness caught her off guard.

2 comments:

  1. Whatever, that hat is adorable on you! I love it, especially the curvy edge. Nice spune tot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it doesnt look as pointy in the photo, but from behind it a little pointy. not as pointy as the spune tot cave i just posted

    ReplyDelete