Sunday, November 1, 2009

Crafting Fred and Daphne



I was one of those who waited until the last minute to make my Halloween Costume. This year we decided to go as Fred and Daphne from Scooby Doo. Here are the pieces I added to our everyday clothes (well they are new clothes, but I can wear them again). I only had to make the cuffs, the stripes and the scarves, but for some reason it took me all day with changing the thread and technical difficulties with my sewing machine.


But here we are as Fred and Daphne! We saw Velma and Shaggy on Halsted St. just after the Parade, and right before we got home we saw Scooby Doo (a man dressed as Scooby Doo that is).
Chicago is pretty fun for Halloween, people go all out. People (Adults included) were wearing their costumes at 3pm. For some reason burritos were a popular costume this year. I walked by Chipotle and saw in the storefront: three men dressed as burritos eating burritos and they were not Chipotle employees. I also saw a newborn burrito at the party we attended. She was wrapped in a metallic blanket and had a knit had with paper lettuce, beans and tomatos taped on.



1 comment:

  1. Too bad you didn't get your picture with Velma and Shaggy. And the thought of grown men dressed as burritos eating burritos makes me smile.

    On a side note... how is it November already?

    ReplyDelete