Friday, July 24, 2009

Birthday Scarf



With the Desert Mariposa Lily yarn that I posted awhile back, I crocheted my friend, Alicia, a summer scarf for her Birthday. I love the yarn, it made for a really soft and stretchy scarf. I know knitters and crocheters alike would kill me for using the most basic single crochet stitch to make it. But it came out super nice. If I would have tried a fancy pattern it would have been full of mistakes. Anywho...she got it. Here she is looking very beautiful! I got to wear it on my trip to Milwaukee because it was 50 degrees that day. And even though its 105 most days in DFW, the air conditioning can be pretty intense, so she can use it for going to the cinema, shopping, and really cold restaurants or working from her home office. She has a blog too about her vegan journey and other fun stuff! You can find her here: http://aliciabrooks.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment