Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June Gloom

Sorry for the double post. But its been gloomy lately. Ok we had some sun this past weekend, but besides that it has been rainy and cold. Today in the 40's. It's June and in the 40's. So I remembered the term "June Gloom" from when I was in LA. I googled it, thinking this may be a typical occurence everywhere except Texas. But wiki confirms its a 'Cali' thing. Well the Wiki article ends like this....June Gloom has been reported by some Californians to bring on symptoms consistent with seasonal affective disorder. It is often cited as a time of depression.

Are you kidding me? Come on Californians...you have 186 days of sun a year, that's more than half the year. I remember wishing for rain when I lived there. But I seriously think I have the seasonal affective disorder, simply because Los Angeles spoiled me with sun.

2 comments:

  1. I've convinced myself that I could live in Seattle and be totally happy. I think the only way to know for sure is to try it. I can't believe it's so cold there right now! It's 82 right now... I'd prefer 70's but I shouldn't complain, should I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say anything about Seattle because I was there for 5 days and it was beautifully sunny every day. But I don't think I could live anywhere dreary for longer than 2 years. Texas is good, because just when you are getting sick of the weather...it changes. But sure you can complain. I do it constantly. And my previous post goes out to Angelenos, not californians. Sorry guys...I know the Bay area doesn't get the sun half the year. Brrr.

    ReplyDelete