Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mint Cowl

Yes Yes, my knitted cowl. I have been working on this since January. I have ripped it out (started over) more than 40 times I am sure. But this last time, being summer and all, I decided I am just going to keep going, mistakes and all. I am embarrased to send you the link, but it is supposed to look like this. so beautiful....

It's a ribbing pattern of K1P1 and it took me awhile to get the hang of all the switching back and forth. But it was fun and fast by the end. I did however, mess up, you can tell by the line of the cowl near the bottom. And it looks different from the purlbee cowl because I wasn't using cashmere. But its still soft and stretchy and I think I will get a lot of use out of it next fall/winter.

I was inspired by this guy's blog that I found on ravelry.com, who said he never fixes knitting/crocheting mistakes unless they are really easy fixes. I really liked that. And his stuff was really nice. Although I am too much a perfectionist to let things go all the time, but in some instances, it does add character to a piece.

I need better backgrounds for taking photos and a new model (besides myself). I am going to work on that this summer. Maybe take my work to the park and photograph it. I can't wait to share what I have been working on these past couple of weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, worth the wait! Could be worn today in Chicagoland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this is pretty and cute. I think cowls have a nice, sophisticated look to them. I may have to put in an order for one. :D

    ReplyDelete