Monday, August 3, 2009

To frog or not to frog, that is the question...


(Sigh) So I spent quite a few hours on my ripple blanket this weekend. I got to the first row of purple and thought "These colors are horrible." I think its the orange that is throwing everything off, it has that slight macaroni and cheese yellow tint to it. But then I played around in photoshop and it seems like it COULD work out? I still have 2 darker shades of purple coming. I figured I would work until the next red row and then decide to frog it or not. But then I think, do I really want to work that much only to frog it?

Frogging, as I have recently become aware of, means: To rip out your knit or crochet project and start over or start over where you made a mistake. Apparently its roots came from the phrase "Rip it...Rip it" get it?

I would be interested in any comments on my progress thus far. Colorwise.

4 comments:

  1. I like the new term.

    As far as the colors, it's so hard to tell over the computer. I trust your judgement though. The knitting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it is starting to grow on me! I bought all this yarn, I can't really return it. And I have zero room for it. I think I will stick it out. I'm keeping all my "firsts" anyway. I will work on the "family heirloom" when I have more space to store my yarn stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the Lavendar was the "1 of these things doesn't belong" BUT I do think a Dark purple will probably tie it all together. Looks like it will be a fun blanket. I never FROG! Stay the course.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya know, I did try the dark purple immediately after the red. But it looked really bad and Justin agreed. I do think the lavender color is off what I had originally planned, the lighter purple from my photoshop color study has more of a fuschia/pink to it. But...I wanted to use all the same type of yarn and most yarn selections only have certain colors (boo). But I think its going to work. I was again looking at Sarah London's work and she uses some wild colors, but as a rule "keeps it bright" and it always looks nice. Thanks for the comments gals. I will post more progress when I get back from camping.

    ReplyDelete