Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My first fiber project ever





This was the first crochet project. I decided during my break in Texas that I would crochet. I thought it would be a nice cheap hobby. Boy was I wrong. Now instead of buying new clothes, I make scarves. Which in Chicago is more useful really. Nobody ever sees what I am wearing because I always have my coat on...but a nice bright cheery scarf is good on a cold winter day. Or a cold spring day. Enough about the cold already. So yes I started to crochet this in the 100 degree heat. I caught on quite quickly. This is all double crochet. Very simple and easy. But out of all the stuff I have made, I wear this one the most.

1 comment:

  1. It's so bright and pretty. And you look so pretty. I know I'm supposed to send you a picture of me wearing the scarf you made, but your pictures just come out so much better!

    ReplyDelete