Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spin

So I had to drop off exit diagrams that my office drew for the bar we designed, now that they are officially open. Earlier today the Owner said I could leave them with the bartender. So I arrived at 4:45 and the music was already loud. I approached the bartender explaining who I was and what was enclosed in the envelope I slid across the counter. He gave me the strangest look and said "excuse me?" I repeated myself. Again he said "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you." This went on a couple more times before he noticed the owners name on the envelope. But it left me thinking...I have never been into a bar where a bartender couldn't hear me. Aren't bartenders supposed to have superpower hearing ? I guess the superpower hearing only works for words like "Budweiser" and "Vodka Tonic."

1 comment:

  1. this is so true. i always wonder how they know what you are saying. i think they learn to read lips, but obviously only for a limited vocab.

    ReplyDelete